Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2015

WOYWW 330

Well I'm back in circulation for a little while so I'll join you in the fun at Julias for a couple of weeks. My desk, as usual, looks a bit of a mess, so I will just show you the two bits I am working on.
On the right is a card for my grandson who is wild about puffins,  a new challenge each year to do something different,  and the one on the left was just a play. I bought a new die from the dreaded C & C so when it arrived I tried it on the first piece of paper that came to hand and then thought,  that would look good on cream so a card was created!
While we've been away I made a few cards, playing with fiddly bits and produced two twisted easel cards. This one was for a couple who celebrated their 60th birthdays very close together so I sent them two cards in one.
 Then having got a taste for twisted easels, I made this one for Margaret's birthday

And just to finish I'll share a very atmospheric picture of a September morning on the Bridgewater Canal.
 This was taken at 6.30 one morning when I couldn't sleep, so I crept out with the camera and got some lovely pics, but oooh it was awfully cold!.


Well thanks you for visiting me, you lovely people and I will return your visits before the weekend.
Bless you all
Chris

10 comments:

Jill said...

You have been busy, some lovely cards, i love the first one, and the pair of 60th cards.
Jill #21

Lynsey said...

Beautiful Cards Chris and such a pretty shot of the canal. The best pictures are always first thing in the morning or when the sun goes down, I think the light is beautiful then. I am up early every day, we've had a lot of mist and they have created some brilliant photos. Thanks for sharing, Lyns #9

Julia Dunnit said...

Isn't the light gorgeous over the canal on such fine autumn days as we're enjoying. Hope your trip is gentle! I take stuff to do but never do anything but a bit of crochet when we're away, so am super impressed that you have - and the results are wonderful!

Barb said...

It looks as if you've been very busy cardmaking. Your twisted easel's are beautiful and that's a lovely big die from C&C. We watched puffins on holiday in Iceland a few years ago. They were very sweet and very close by too. Your grandson would have loved it.Barb#24

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the birthday die cut. #35

Sofie V said...

I love the beautiful cards you made!

I'm on number 40. You're welcome to visit my blog!

Greetings, Sofie
http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

glitterandglue said...

Love the new die, Chris. That start of a card is beautiful - all misty and dreamy - like the morning on the canal.
Thanks for coming yesterday - fun cakes!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #13

Christine said...

Twisted Easel cards! they are beautiful, well done.
I must go look for utube ......
Take care
Christine
Bishopsmate #48

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I LOVE those 60th cards!! They are fantastic and quite steampunky, which I adore. I love puffins too, so your GS is in good company :-). Lovely shot of the canal too, very atmospheric!
Hugs, LLJ 17 xxx

Мария Доричева Maria Doricheva said...

Hello, Chris, thank you for your kind comment on my blog. It is nice to meet a crafter across the world. My son is doing much better. God has protected his eye sight, thought there's a lot of work to do... I can see that you use your creative talent to bless others.