Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

WOYWW 319

Well it has been a while since I have posted on here, I been away on our narrow boat for three months, but I am back now and it shows, just look at the desk top, looks very familiar. Somethings never change, only the depth of the piles of chaos.
I know I am making lots of cards for a church sale, but it still doesn't need to be that bad.
However, there was someone posted on Facebook recently that she had challenged herself to make as many cards as possible using one 12 x12 sheet of paper, so I thought I would have a go, but after 6 I got bored.
One is missing and couple of others crept in there, but it was interesting exercise, I might repeat it with some masculine colours for cards for church sale.
Anyway, although I was absent from WOYWW, I did do a bit of visiting and can encourage anyone visiting here who doesn't know what I am on about to go to  Julia's Stamping Ground where you can visit lots of more interesting desks.
Well just before I go, I will share a couple of pictures from our holiday.


June sunset over the Erewash Canal at Ilkeston in Derbyshire, unfortunately our boat is round the corner so not in the picture.

And this is Max, thoroughly enjoying his holiday.

And finally a proud mummy moment. 

Some of you may remember last June I posted pictures of the stole I made for my daughter when she was ordained deacon, well this June she was ordained priest, a very special occasion.
Now I have overloaded you with pictures I really must run away before Julia puts me on the naughty step.
Bless you all
Chris

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey there Chris, it's lovely to see you back on the desks! So glad you had a good holiday on the boat...am glad to see that Max enjoyed it too :-)
Congrats to your daughter on her ordination...that's such a great pic!
Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

Evalila said...

Congrats from me, too.
And beautiful cards!
Happy WOWYY
Evelyn/Evalila # 29

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah good to have you back, Chris, thanks so much for sharing all your lovely images, including Max...
...family are special, as are the cards that you are making for the sake, mm can understand you getting bored in making the same sort or cards, me too!!! :)
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #19

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Chris, bet it's great to be back at your desk, but wow what a fab holiday on the canals and your boat. Happy WOYWW RobynO#25

Lisca said...

Welcome back Chris. Glad you had a good holiday on the boat. Congratulations on the ordination of your daughter. Is she going to be far away at her first posting?
Thanks for posting so many photos. Don't worry about Julia (!), I love to see photos.
Have a great week,
Lisca#18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris, glad you had such a lovely relaxing holiday. Congratulations to your daughter. Lovely pic of Max too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #13 xxx

Belinda Basson said...

3 months on a narrow boat! WOW! and you took your puddy tat! Don't know what my Marmalade (who looks like your kittys brother) would think of a boat! #22

Barb said...

Hello Chris, It's good to meet you. I loved looking at your photos. We've had several canal holidays but three months, lucky you. Congratulations to your daughter on her ordination.
You've been very busy since you returned and your cards look very pretty. I have also got that happy Birthday die. It's very useful. Barb #27 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see you back, I have been thinking about you. We live in Lincoln and often see narrow boats going past along the Fossdyke (Navigational Canal), you may know it.
Lovely photo of your daughter, you must be very proud of her. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 30

Ohhh Snap said...

The narrow boats remind me of the time I lived in Belgium as a tween. I was never able to convince my family to try a vacation on one though lol. Your desk is chock full of fun and how wonderful you were able to make something so lovely for your daughter's big day : ). #6