Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2014

WOYWW 258

Oh what a beautiful morning, at least I jolly well hope it is going to be a beautiful morning.  I have no work desk to show you this morning as we are on our way down the Shropshire Union canal on our narrow boat on our way to the boat show at Crick. I do have some craft stuff with me, I have some ATC's to finish but haven't had time to do any yet. Instead I have just taken some pictures of where we stopped on Tuesday evening and will be starting our day on Wednesday. Max is having a bit of a wander but he doesn't go very far. He likes to be able to hear our voices. We have had a couple of panics in the past when he disappeared for several hours, but he seems very disinclined to go for more than 10 or 15 minutes these days. I think he is getting old, like me.
For those who don't know about the canals in UK, this is one of the many locks that we have to travel throughto get to our destination at Crick, near Rugby for a Boat show over Whit bank holiday weekend. We have 132 of them to do before we get to Crick







Last week I promised to post a  picture of the finished stole, doesn't look much in this picture, she wanted one side of it to have brocade all the way up, and the other side just the ends. Actually taking a picture of it at all was quite an issue, Unfortunately I don't seem to have the full brocade picture on my phone or tablet,  it is on the camera, and this is not a very good picture either. I promise I will post a picture of her wearing it in June, with whatever vestments she wears for the ordination.


I will get round to visiting other desks but it might not be until the weekend, and any folks who don't have a clue what I am talking about, just pop over to The Lady Julia where you can snoop at loads of craft desks, not canal pics.
Thanks for reading my waffle, have a great day,
Chris




8 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning Chris. Trust today is as sunny as last evening's picture! Stole looks great - well done - you got it finished! Have a great day just puttering - and erm - getting a few of the 132 out of your system, and behind you!!!
Margaret #46

Neil said...

Hi
It's been a while I know, since I last managed to link up but I'm back now and just popping my head round the door to say hello!

Thanks for sharing your boat pics and I don't envy you the locks! I hope you have a good week too.

Neil #10

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely lovely job on the stole Chris, am sure she must be thrilled, I like the idea of the full brocade one side and a feature end on the other.
Enjoy your floating days, what a great way to step towards a big weekend.

Glenda said...

How interesting the locks are. I have learned something new about the UK this morning. I have to say I do love your boat and think it is just amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Glenda #58

Chrysalis said...

Oh, you lucky peeps, having your own boat! I do hope you enjoy the show. The stole looks great & I know she will love it. have a great week, Chris # 23 xx

Andrea said...

hope you have a great time at the show. lucky you having your own boat....'I've been on the broads but not in a canal boat sounds like hard work all those locks ....mmm....maybe not for me. .and hubby worries he is to tall 6'3 im only 5'4 so height is not an issue for me LOL .Does look beautiful though and so much to see on route I imagine. As for the stole it looks fab 'Im sure it will look even more fabulous when she wears it in June.Have a wonderful time away and enjoy the boat show crafty hugs andrea #11

Caro said...

Have a wonderful time on the boat...I haven't been on one in years, but loved it when I did. The stole looks amazing and I look forward to seeing the photos of your daughter in it. Thanks for sharing. Happy belated WOYWW. Caro x (#92)

P.S. Can you email me your address for the ATC swap (details on my blog). thank you!

BJ said...

WOW you take the CAT! How wonderful. And the stole is super too. BJ