Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

WOYWW 245

Well  Margaret and I had such fun yesterday. She came over to my house and we had a playday using our Big shots and water colour pencils and stamps and embossing folders.
At 10.55 all that was on my worktop was a mat, my Big shot and the guillotine. Oh and a couple of drinks.That big white scary surface which isn't visible most of the time. However we dealt with that situation in very quick order.
Soon it became a busy workspace, with two Big shots, a box of embossing folders, hairspray, chalks, water colour pencils, masks, a folder full of dies and just to the right of my bigshot, some embossing after inking the folder.

We were having a wonderful day and so was Margaret's OH. He was watching the curling from the Olympics and having a whale of a time.


This was the scene before lunch, chalks all over the place, I was enjoying myself immensely, but did feel I ought to provide my visitors with some sustenance and give us the energy for more playing in the afternoon, so I plyed them with fresh bread and Broccoli and Stilton soup and Margaret had brought a yummy Victoria sandwich.
Then we had another cup of tea and ran back upstairs to play with water colour pencils. I'd had rather unsatisfactory results previously,  but with an excellent teacher I achieved results that I was very pleased with. Unfortunately my  back was hurting by this time so couldn't do a second one. Bit of a shame, but at least I know how to do it now.
So why am I wittering on about my crafting? Well, What's on my Worktop Wednesday is a wonderful institution established by the wonderful Julia over at The Stamping Ground
There you can see not just my worktop as it is this morning, with my watercolour pencilled poppies, but the worktops of lots of other crafters as well.
So I am off to look at all those worktops as well, and see how beautiful they all are.



Happy worktop hopping.
Chris



22 comments:

Mrs.D said...

I hate computers.
I set Blogger to publish this at 00.30 this morning, and just waded into Mr Linky assuming Blogger had done what it was supposed to. Sorry to those who visited early and got Friday's Random post.
Chris

JoZart Designs said...

What a lovely crafty day you must have enjoyed and the food was a bonus. Your wprkspace is lovely.
Please email me and I will send you the patterns for the shawlettes/scarves. They are so easy.
Jo x

glitterandglue said...

Afternoon, Chris. As you see - didn't get to this earlier - didn't even get my post up til 20mins ago!! Obviously too much of a good thing yesterday - as I went to bed shattered after all the excitement!!
Thanks for a great day.
Margaret #73

Mrs.D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.D said...

Well I hope you had a very good night's sleep.
Thanks for playing.
Chris

Twiglet said...

Sounds like a perfect crafty day! Hope your back is better. x Jo

BJ said...

WOW sounds like loads of fun. Is Margaret a WOYWWer, I probably haven't put two and two together as usual!.The poppied look great. Thanks for visiting me today BJ#58

Anne said...

Not long been reading about your playing on Margaret's blog. What a great time you both had. Love your work space. Happy WOYWW Anne x #78

Carole said...

I want to come and play too! Such a wonderful space and great light .Carole #68

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Crafting with friends is just the best! I'm so glad you and Margaret had a great day :-)
Hugs, LLJ 39 xx

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Chris,
Please let me know if you received the scarf patterns as I've just had a return message with them on but nothing else.... I'm confused as to why it should come back to me.
Jo x

505whimsygirl said...

How fun! What a great workspace to have. I craft on my round dining room table and sometimes that can be pretty tricky.

It also sounds like the day was perfect!

Happy WOYWW
Kay (86)

Mrs.D said...

Jo I haven't received them, will email you again and see if we can have another go.
Chris

Caro said...

Oh Chris, It sounds like you and Margaret had a wonderful day. Time to play together is so special. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#56)

Claire Grantham said...

Mrs D..thanks for swinging by my blog earlier..Love the new phrase PhD..Totally jealous of your playdate - I can't wait to be back in the UK to have mine on March 10th!! Love the clean to messy shots. Cx #31

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like you gals had a wonderful time playing with your new stash and watercolor pencils. Love the look of those poppies. Had a good laugh at the before and after. I think you reversed the order (grin).

Also had to laugh when I read your comment about the rocking horse die. Now if I only had a DIE CUTTER to go with that die, I'd be set! Thanks for visiting me while I slept. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Peggy Lin said...

It's a great work
happy WOYWW 
Peggy xx #3

Peggy Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That's what I like to see, a space filled with great things on the go... Love those fun crafty play days with friends...Have a great week and happy crafting
DeDe #98

Neet said...

What a lovely work space you have - all white and such a lot of natural light. Lucky you. Enjoy crafting with your friend - nothing better.
Hugs, Neet 38 xx

Robyn Oliver said...

You have a lovely clean and bright work space Chris and I'm so glad you and Margaret had such a creative day, it's great to have a friend you can bounce ideas with and share your skills. Cheers and have a super week RobynO#51

The Determined Scrapper said...

What a wonderful space to place all you larger working items. It's always fun to have crafty guest come over to play. Glad you were able to stop over to my blog and look around. Yes, I do have a guard cat, she tends to guard that location often. The bride has decided on her invitations so for the next week or so that's what everyone will see. Thanks for sharing your space it's lovely.